Sunday 2 February 2014

ARC Review: Me Since You by Laura Wiess

Me Since You by Laura Wiess
Are there any answers when someone you love makes a tragic choice?

Before and After. That’s how Rowan Areno sees her life now. Before: she was a normal sixteen-year-old—a little too sheltered by her police officer father and her mother. After: everything she once believed has been destroyed in the wake of a shattering tragedy, and every day is there to be survived.

If she had known, on that Friday in March when she cut school, that a random stranger’s shocking crime would have traumatic consequences, she never would have left campus. If the crime video never went viral, maybe she could have saved her mother, grandmother — and herself — from the endless replay of heartache and grief.

Finding a soul mate in Eli, a witness to the crime who is haunted by losses of his own, Rowan begins to see there is no simple, straightforward path to healing wounded hearts. Can she learn to trust, hope, and believe in happiness again?
Title: Me Since You
Author: Laura Wiess
Series: None
Publisher: MTV Books
Publication date: February 18th

Rating: Undecided between 4.5 and 5.

Thoughts:

Me Since You is an incredibly sad book. This is not a light and fluffy contemporary, and I think you've got to be in the right mood to read this. If you want to read something light and fun, don't start Me Since You. It's an incredibly emotional and powerful read, and it will make you extremely sad. As I have mentioned before, I am not someone who cries over books. That ugly sobbing that everyone seems to do because of a book? No, not for me. Me Since You brought me closer to tears than any other book. While I did not cry, my sight got blurry a couple of times because tears started welling up in my eyes. It's just about the highest praise I can give a book.

Rowan's pain and misery are described so well, are so tangible. I got swept up in her emotions and it all felt so devastatingly real. I just... I don´t have words to describe this book. I just don't. All you need to know is that it's so emotional and devastating and it will make you cry a thousand times. The pain and emotions are described so honestly, they flow off the pages and straight into your heart.

For those who did read the synopsis and are afraid: do not worry. The romance in this book doesn't take over the plot, nor is the romance that which helps Rowan heal. All too often we see books in which the romance/love interest are what makes the MC want to live on/better her life/etc. Not in Me Since You. The romance is, in fact, a very minor part of the book, purposely kept on the background. No premature 'I love you's are thrown around, there is no controlling and slightly abusive love interest. Only a very sweet boy who understands what Rowan is going through and who goves her space, enough space to let her slowly heal herself.

In all

Highly emotional and powerful, Me Since You will make you cry over and over again as you are swept up in Rowan's journey. It's the saddest book I have ever read, and it will leave you devastated.

2 comments:

  1. aww i do enjoy emotionally raw books like this but i do babble like a little kid so i guess i do have to be in the right set of mind or mood for this one, but then, is there really a perfect timing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one, hoping for something amazing like everyone said, but I actually hated it. I felt nothing for it, was bored by Rowan's inner monologue and still feel really heartless even though the only thing I can say is "I didn't like it."

    I can understand why so many people like it, everyone has pretty much the same points about it's power and strength, so great review

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...