Thursday 11 April 2013

Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)

Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)Fever by Lauren DeStefano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars



I have to start off with saying that DeStefano's writing is truly beautiful. It's very poetic and flows through the book like a river. Her writing style is very elegant and rich, and never too much.

Altough reluctantly, I like the cover. It's not a pretty one, BUT the cover designer did such a good job. Literally everything on the cover has to do with the book. The color of the dress, the drugged expression, the tarot cards.. Everything. So while I still don't like it, I do want to congratulate the cover designer because it's such a fitting cover.

Rhine (I still absolutely love her name) just didn't get a break in this book and I found the story to be very sad. Especially the last third, because damn. I really felt for Rhine and all the horrors she got through. I think she's very admirable, strong and stubborn. She doesn't give up, even though she has every reason to.

I also loved the new characters. I really liked Lilac and Maddie, the not-speaking malformed child!

And of course, the 'old' characters too! Cecily and Deirdre, I thought it was nice we got to see them again, because I was curious how their stories would end..


I still don't have any strong feelings about Gabriel. It's not like he's bad or anything, he was in fact very sweet and loving toward Rhine. But I just couldn't connect with him. He seems rather bland and I just don't care for him.

The ending - cliffhanger! How could you do this to me, Lauren? I really want to know what's going to happen now!


So in the end I really liked this book! It was very sad, but very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...