Sunday 26 May 2013

My New Arrivals #3

Hey guys, sorry for my absence! But here it is at last: the weekly My New Arrivals.
As usual, I've linked every title back to Goodreads.

Not much arrived this week, but I am very happy with what arrived:

For review:

Secret For A Song by S.K. Falls

Secret for a Song

Description:

Saylor Grayson makes herself sick. Literally.

She ate her first needle when she was seven. Now, at nineteen, she’s been kicked out of college for poisoning herself with laxatives. The shrinks call it Munchausen Syndrome. All Saylor knows is that when she’s ill, her normally distant mother pays attention and the doctors and nurses make her feel special.

Then she meets Drew Dean, the leader of a local support group for those with terminal diseases. When he mistakes her for a new member, Saylor knows she should correct him. But she can’t bring herself to, not after she’s welcomed into a new circle of friends. Friends who, like Drew, all have illnesses ready to claim their independence or their lives 

For the first time, Saylor finds out what it feels like to be in love, to have friends who genuinely care about her. But secrets have a way of revealing themselves. What will happen when Saylor’s is out?

Thoughts:

I'm very glad I'm approved to read this book because that synopsis is very interesting! I'd never heard of Munchausen Syndrome, but this sounds fascinating. I'm very curious to see how this is going to work out.


And that's it for this week! I know, it's not much, but oh, well. You're probably thinking I haven't posted much reviews these weeks, and you're absolutely right. I can see your look: Go back to work, you! Yes sir, yes ma'am. Unfortunately, I have to read some (very un-interesting) books for school, and the last weeks of the schoolyear are impossibly busy! Apparently all teachers think that we have nothing to do at the end of the year.. Well, you're wrong. And many thanks for giving me tons of homework. (Yes, that was sarcastic.)

Anyway, I'll keep you folks updated! I'm reading Eona now, so you can expect a review somewhere this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...