Thursday 1 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels

This week’s Top Ten is about stories that are completed, yet we want to read more about it, because the ending wasn’t satisfying, we loved the characters, or the world in which it was set was completely awesome. Here we go!

Note: I will be explaining why I would want to read a sequel to these books, so there will be spoilers for the books listed beneath!

1.      Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver

Since I’ve recently posted a review of Requiem, I think you will understand me. This ending was so incredibly unsatisfying! I do not know who Lena ends up with. I do not know if she ever sees Hana again. I do not know if Fred is dead. I do not know how the rest of the rebellion went. I do not know ANYTHING. Arrgh! Why? Gimme more, Lauren Oliver!

2.      Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz

This book was very complete, so no complains about the ending or something. But oh, this was my first Hannah Moskowitz novel and I loved it to pieces. I could read on and on about the characters. Especially Teeth. Oh, Teeth.

3.      Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Another gem. I just loved this book because it creeps up on you and because I genuinely liked Ty even though I shouldn’t and that ending and and and… Just give me a sequel, okay?! THE FEELS.

4.      Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman

Again, a satisfying ending (sort of), but Eona was a novel with pages made of awesome. It was amazing, and I sort of need more as I don’t have the time to re-read a 637-pages novel. That, and I am kind of curious if Eona and Eona (as in the dragon) team up again. Yup, I could definitely see an Eona: What Happened After.

5.      Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (again!)

This book, too, was sheer brilliance. This one I added because I could read more about the characters, but I must say that it would be interesting to see what happened to all the remaining characters after Sam’s self-sacrificial.

6.      Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J. K. Rowling

Okay, yes, it is kind of obvious to include Harry Potter, but c’mon. Even though it has a rounded-up ending, I could always use some more Harry Potter.

7.      Mockingjay (The Hungergames, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Once again, a satisfying ending, but the concept of The Hungergames was just immensely cool. Bookish cool, not let’s-actually-let-children-fight-to-death cool. So yeah, I actually wouldn’t mind 73 prequels of the previous Hungergames!

8.      Boundless (Unearthly, #3) by Cynthia Hand

Apart from the fact that I do want answers to some questions, like what was Clara’s purpose actually about? Why have purposes when they’re just something you can ‘choose’ to do anyway? etc., I just love Clara and Tucker and Christian and Angela. Oh, Tucker. *swoons*

9.      Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor

Okay, so, I haven’t actually read this yet, but I already know I’ll need more of Karou and Zuzana and Akiva and everything! Add in to mix Taylors beautiful writing and I am a mess. Whatever she writes, I’ll go *grabby hands* on it.

10.  Entwined by Heather Dixon


This book was just the fluffiest. Immensely sugary, yet with an actual plot. Yeah, I would want to see more of this, more of Azalea, Bramble, Clover, etc. I actually still remember their names!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...