Saturday 30 November 2013

November Wrap Up

As you may have noticed, this is my first ever wrap-up-post. I was just reading some blogs and they did wrap-up posts and I thought: why not? A wrap-up is a good way to recap the month for myself and for you guys. Also, I have seen and written the words 'wrap-up' too much now and they seem weird and alien O.o I mean: wrap. WRAP. It is a strange word.

Anywho. I present to you (yes that was rhyme on purpose. I win the internet today.), my wrap-up!

November Reviews:

Of Poseidon  (Chapter by Chapter: chapter one and two)
Of Poseidon (Chapter by Chapter: chapter three and four)
Of Poseidon (Chapter by Chapter: chapter five and six)

Discussion Posts:


Other Awesomeness:


Book Haul:

Uninvited (Uninvited, #1) Heartbeat Cruel Beauty Into the Still Blue (Under ... Panic Avalon (Avalon, #1) Maybe One Day 

Uninvited by Sophie Jordan: I have read this one already and I LOVED it. It's awesome! If you didn't like/ hated Jordan's Firelight series: do not worry. This book is GOOD. I gave this 4.5 stars! My review should be up closer to the release date (January 28th)

Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott: Have read this one too and had mixed feelings. It was a good book, but the main character annoyed me at times. On the other hand, she had good reason for her behiavor and I truly felt for her. The romance was pretty cute too! Once again, my review will be up closer to the release date. (January 28th)

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge: Eh. I was sooo excited for this and COULDN'T wait to read this. I finished it today and I am disappointed. The romance fell flat and the plot was confusing. I has a sad. This book received a meagre 2 stars. (January 28th)

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi: Have read this one too (November was read-all-your-arcs-month) and I really really liked it! A worthy conclusion of this series and I actually think it's the best book of the three. It got a solid 4 stars. (January 28th) (Seriously, everything's coming out on January 28th.)

Panic by Lauren Oliver: LOVED this one. My review is already up and can be found here. (March 4th)

Avalon by Mindee Arnett:  don't know what to think of this one yet! I haven't heard much about it yet, really. I hope it blows my mind though!

Maybe One Day by Melissa Cantor: SO excited for this one! Everyone who's read this gave it 4.5 stars, so I hope it'll blow my socks off :D (February 18th)

Of Metal and Wishes No One Else Can Have You All That Glows White Space (Dark Passages,... Elusion

Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine: PRETTY COVER. To be honest, I haven't even looked at the synopsis yet. *reads* "Slaughterhouse... Ghosts..." Okay, YES. You just got me excited. But SO LONG 'till I can review it! :o (August 5th)

No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale: Eh. I was excited to get an ARC until the reviews started coming in and apparently it's HORRIBLE. As in, it's-not-even-funny horrible. I think I'll let this one slide.

All That Glows by Ryan Graudin: Again, the cover is lovely! I'm really curious how this one'll turn out!

White Space by Ilsa J. Bick: Apparently, this is a thriller. I'm not really one for thrillers (I scare very easily. Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight's tomb-and-other-scary-places scenes scared the shit out of me - I read it at night.) So yeah. It sounds interesting, but I might skip it. But only if I have better things to read! (February 11th)

Elusion by Claudia Gabel & Cheryl Klam: Another pretty pretty cover. The premise sounds interesting too, so I hope it won't disappoint! (March 18th)

Also, I have managed to not buy a single book this month! Woo! First book buying ban that I actually completed without ordering something. And I'll go directly into the next, since Christmas is coming up and I'll need to buy presents!

Christmas Wishlist:

Yes yes, y'all, I have sort of completed my Christmas wishlist and I gave it to my parents! Now I can only hope that the books I'll get are indeed awesome.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: This is my number one most anticipated 2013 release! Everyone's raving about it and I am burning with need. I have made it very clear to my parents that I NEED this one, haha. It *may* have gotten three exclamation marks. !!!

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: No, I have indeed not read this one yet. Which is why I put it on my wishlist, so I can read it and then fangirl all over Cress with you guys! Apparently Cress is amazing, so i want to be able to dive right in when it comes out.

Emily the Strange: the Lost Days by Rob Reger: This one's pure nostalgia. I read it when I was younger and remember LOVING it. Lately, I constantly have the urge to re-read it, but I don't own a copy. So, on the wishlist it went!

Split Second by Kasie West (pre-order): no need to explain, yes?

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: Need to read this so I know why everyone's fangriling about it!

On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: Same.

Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell: This one was a bit impulsive, but I like gthe sound of the premise and it sounds like the fluffiness I need!

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: Another series everyone seems to ADORE and I haven't read it.

Every Day by David Levithan: After being thoroughly impressed by Two Boys Kissing (that may have been my favorite 2013 novel), I knew I needed more Levithan in my life.

Well, that was it for today! I hope y'all had a lovely November and will have an even lovelier December <3 Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...