Saturday 28 December 2013

End of Year Hiatus

End of Year Hiatus... And a Couple of Lists
~*~


Hey guys! It's been a wonderful year and I can't believe 2013 is almost over. I mean, WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO? Granted, I feel like that every year. But still.

2013 has brought some wonderful things into my life (like blogging!) and I think I'll leave it at that. Which is why I'm announcing this hiatus. Lately I've been in a bit of a reviewing slump - or maybe you should call it a blogging slump. So I'm going to stop posting for the rest of the year (that sounds scary even when you know 2014 is only 3/4 days away.). I'll be back next year, though, and better than ever!

First of all I want to wish you guys a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope 2014 will be YOUR year, whoever you are. May all kinds of good things happen to you!

Second of all, I'm going to share some lists and links with you because I feel like it!

All Kinds of End of Year Lists


  • What better to start with than my End of Year Survey? All my highs and lows of this year can be found in it. And I mention certain books a lot. Like, A LOT. 
  • My Top Ten New-To-Me Authors! These are all authors I discovered in 2013 and YOU GUYS. So many amazing writers out there!
My Very Best Discussion Posts

  • This is something very strange that happened to me this year and it STILL hasn't gone away. *sigh* I'm talking about my loss of shipping abilities. It's so weird and depressing. Any of you know a really good YA book without romance? Or perhaps a really really slow-burn romance (like not having the first kiss in book one or something). I want to get rid of this weird thing.
  • My Oh... So you read Young Adult post! People always seem to think that YA can't be literature and is just for kids, but that's not true at all. I can get very passionate about this and I'm so glad I wrote this post because I needed to get it off my chest.
Some Fun. Just Because.

Some Absolute Favorites This Year - In Four Words

  • Pivot Point by Kasie West (Amazing. Surprising. All-time fave.)
  • Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (Gorgeous. Sad. Beautiful prose.)
  • Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Heart-breaking. Beautiful. Almost cried.)
  • Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan (Gorgeous prose. Important. Addictive.)
  • Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (FEELS. Major twist. WHYYYYYY.)
  • Eona by Alison Goodman (Amazing character development. Dragons.)
  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (Inspriring. Beautiful. Amazing prose.)
These Books Were Total Surprises and the Authors Have Grown A Lot

  • Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
  • After the End by Amy Plum
  • Into the Still Blue by Vernoica Rossi (well, not a total surprise, but this was really really good)
  • Pawn by Aimée Carter
That's it, my friends! See you all next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...