Wednesday 1 May 2013

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hmmm... Not really sure what to think about this one.

From the description of this book you probably got that this is an awesome book about assassin nuns. I mean, assassin nuns. How cool is that?

I expected this to be quite bloody and full of murder. Unfortunately, that's not really what this is about. This book is mostly about political games and treason, not about murder. Sure, Ismae does kill sometimes, but for me, those times were too few and far between.

I did like Ismae, however. She knows how to use her brain, something most YA heriones don't. She held a lot of prejudices against men, but due to her story, this is understandable. And her attitude changes (in other words: character growth! Yay!).

I liked most of the characters, now that I think of it. Duval was nice, and no insta-love! I really appreciated that.

The ending was a little bit rushed, but good. I liked how (view spoiler)[ Mortain appeared to Ismae, and how she stands up to the convent (hide spoiler)]. However, I did not like how (view spoiler)[ Ismae had to have sex with Duval to get all the poison out of his system. I wish LaFevers had done that differently. (hide spoiler)]

So.. I don't really have to say much about this book. For me it is 2.5/3 stars.

I'll read the sequels, but I'm not exactly in a hurry to get my hands on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...