Saturday 18 May 2013

My New Arrivals #2 + Title Reveal

Hey everyone,

This week I've got some new arrivals to show you! I have linked the titles to Goodreads.

For Review:


Gated by Amy Christine Parker

Gated

Description:

Do the gates keep the unchosen out or the chosen in?

In Mandrodage Meadows, life seems perfect. The members of this isolated suburban community have thrived under Pioneer, the charismatic leader who saved them from their sad, damaged lives. Lyla Hamilton and her parents are original members of the flock. They moved here following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, looking to escape the evil in the world. Now seventeen, Lyla knows certain facts are not to be questioned:

Pioneer is her leader.

Will is her Intended.

The end of the world is near.

Like Noah before him, Pioneer has been told of the imminent destruction of humanity. He says his chosen must arm themselves to fight off the unchosen people, who will surely seek refuge in the compound's underground fortress--the Silo.

Lyla loves her family and friends, but given the choice, she prefers painting to target practice. And lately she'd rather think about a certain boy outside the compound than plan for married life in the Silo with Will. But with the end of days drawing near, she will have to pick up a gun, take a side, and let everyone know where she stands.

Thoughts:

I love that cover! I'm not usually a fan of title-repeating, but I think it works here. And I love that tagline. Really, the cover and tagline alone were enough for me to request it, but the synopsis sounds interesting too! Also a big thank you to NetGalley and Random House for providing me an ARC.

Outcast by Adrienne Kress

Outcast

Description:

After six years of “angels” coming out of the sky and taking people from her town, 16-year-old Riley Carver has just about had it living with the constant fear. When one decides to terrorize her in her own backyard, it’s the final straw. She takes her mother’s shotgun and shoots the thing. So it’s dead. Or … not? In place of the creature she shot, is a guy. A really hot guy. A really hot alive and breathing guy. Oh, and he’s totally naked.

Not sure what to do, she drags his unconscious body to the tool shed and ties him up. After all, he’s an angel and they have tricks. When he regains consciousness she’s all set to interrogate him about why the angels come to her town, and how to get back her best friend (and almost boyfriend) Chris, who was taken the year before. But it turns out the naked guy in her shed is just as confused about everything as she is. 

He thinks it’s 1956.

Set in the deep south, OUTCAST is a story of love, trust, and coming of age. It’s also a story about the supernatural, a girl with a strange sense of humor who’s got wicked aim, a greaser from the 50’s, and an army of misfits coming together for one purpose: To kick some serious angel ass.

Thoughts:

I'm not a big fan of that cover, but the synopsis is interesting. Thanks to NetGalley and Diversion Books!

Delilah Dusticle by A. J. York

Delilah Dusticle

Description:

Delilah Dusticle has special powers, she can completely eradicate dust. With her quiver pouch of special dusters Delilah can run up walls and reaches places others just can’t. As a maid in the Fenchurch-Whittington house Delilah’s unusual skills soon lead to her being promoted to Chief Dust Eradicator and Remover. Until one day a broken heart leads to her powers taking an expected turn. 

This is the first in a series of touching and funny stories about Delilah Dusticle. Follow her on a journey of self-discovery, friendship and adventure.

Thoughts:

To be honest, I have no idea what genre this is. Guess there's only one way to find out! This copy was offered to me by A. J. York. Thanks!

New Book:


What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)

Description:

I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

Thoughts:

That cover is freaking great. I love it. 
I've wanted to read this book for so long! I saw the sequel, Once We Were, which now has a cover, and decided to buy What's Left Of Me.

Title Reveal!

Yes, the day has finally come! The third book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor has a name! It's no secret I absolutely love that series, so I was very excited. And it is..
*drum roll*

Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)


Thoughts:

I'm not sure about this title. I mean, I really like it, don't get me wrong. But maybe it's just a little disappointing for me after the awesome title of Days of Blood and Starlight. I don't know.

Oh wait! I know! My OCD self has figured it out!

The first title was Daughter of Smoke and Bone aka DoSaB. The second Days of Blood and Starlight, aka DoBaS.

And now we get DoGaM. That doesn't fit in. 

So, after all, the title is good. More than good. I just have to surpress my OCD side and then I can sit and admire Laini Taylor's work. Now that I've figured out what is "wrong" with it, I can only say fuck that. It's a gorgeous title, an awesome title, and gimme the book already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...